Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Trusting God


Do you?   Trust God?   Really?
I've heard it said - "...if He's not Lord of all, He's not Lord at all..."
I think this is very accurate.  How often I've given God control over part A of my life, but part B is still mine to control.  Or I give control over, only to take it back because I think I can do it better.


We've been trusting God for many things throughout the past several years.  One thing that's been very difficult is trusting Him to provide the ministry that we can't even imagine happening.  My husband finished bible college over five years ago.  We thought for sure he would be a pastor by now.  It was very humbling when his dream was "reduced" to being a Sunday School teacher.  But where God closes one door, you can be assured He's faithful in opening another door - an even better door.

God had a plan in this too.  He always does.  He always has.

This past Sunday was [officially] our first service in the above little church; Church on the Way.  Old and very nostalgic, but let me tell you - this little building was brimming and flowing with the Spririt.  This was a vision God had placed in Daniel's heart years ago coming to fruition.  I am so very proud to support this man of God, that I am blessed to call my husband.  Our prayer now is simply this:  fill this building, Lord - with those you have in mind.

What are you trusting God for today?  
Is there something that you've been trusting God for that just hasn't happened yet?

No worries if He hasn't... His plans are not always our plans, but He does have a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...