Thursday, December 03, 2015

Farmhouse Main Bathroom

Well, this is a long-awaited post... not only for those of you reading here, but for me!  Our main bath is finally finished!!!!!!   We worked throughout the month of November, diligently, on this itty-bitty room, but alas the work has paid off.

We worked...


and worked... 


and worked... 


and worked... 


and finally made some progress... 


a little more... 


late into the night...


Until finally... this is what you see from the hallway.


Beyond that green door is the shower room - it's 85% done, but we're taking a short break.  It needs the floor tiled and the bead board on the walls, and the shower tiled.  That'll all happen later this winter. 


I made the small sign, one evening, from a piece of old wood someone gave me.


Excuse the incredibly crooked pictures... the bath is SO small, getting a good (straight) picture is nearly impossible. 


A little bit of winter/Christmas decor... 


I found the old green door at the ReUse store for a song and thought I was going to paint it, but decided to live with it for a little while beforehand - everyone else likes the contrast and I have to admit I think I do too.  At least as much as it takes for me not to paint it, right yet.


I've had the antique medicine cabinet since this past Spring.  It was a birthday present from my dad and his wife - I've been counting the days to put it up.  LOVE IT!!!!! 


needed a little more storage for toilet paper and we happen to have one "extra" board - so we took some mesurments and Daniel built me this little shelf for the necessaries. 


Then I took an extra piece of material, cut it rough, and tacked it on for a curtain.  All it has to do is hide the uility of the shelf.


I love the new bathroom!  It's a FAR cry from what it use to look like


**wall color: Valspar Quail Egg
**bead board & trim:  Ben Moore Simply White

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...