Thursday, July 09, 2015

Veggies and Hydrangeas (again)

I figure I'll have all sorts of time this winter to show you what's going on inside the house so I should take this time to share where most of our efforts are focused right now - outside.

The garden has begun to yeild bountifully.


Have you ever had beet greens?  If you haven't - and you like greens - you must not limit yourself of these things any longer!!!  Oh wonderful....  I cleaned the beets and put them on the stove to boil.  While they were cooking I cut the greens right at the egde of the stem and washed them very well, getting all the dirt off.  I garden organically so I don't have to worry about pesticides.  While I did this I had about a half cup (one stick) of organic butter melting in a pan with EIGHT cloves of fresh garlic I chopped/minced.  Allowing enough time for the garilc and butter to meld and just slightly brown, I then put all my choppped beet greens in the pan with about 2 tsp of salt, stirring a lot to make sure they were completely combined.  I simmered for about 15 minutes on medium heat and served right from the pan.  OH!!!! Were these ever good!  And do you have any idea how good these are for you?  Take a look...


Then of course a new day brings a new bounty...  yesterday.  I'm making freezer coleslaw for the winter with this cabbage.  Beans are already taken care of and most of the zucchini you see was seasoned, grilled, and topped with mozzerella cheese last night for dinner.  Mmmm.....




As far as my hydrangeas... they are going to town.  This next picture is the one of three my mother bought me.  The other two didn't make it due to unfortunate circumstances... ahem!  It's been moved quite a bit and this is the first year it has ever produced a bloom.  I think it's happy where it is.  Can't wait to see it next year.


 The old fashioned are doing equally as well - bordering our back deck.  And they smell good now too!  Ahhh.... dreams come true!


Have a great week, friends!!! 
xoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...