Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Farmhouse Table

I've wanted a farmhouse table for a very long time.  I've owned several tables trying to get the "right look", but they've never been a farmhouse table.  Truth is... you can't get farmhouse table look without a farmhouse table. At least not the look that I wanted.  Then, one day, as I was browsing my favorite online store (aka - Craigslist) I saw this little gem.  And it was a price that I could actually afford!!!  Then - on a seperate day - browsing that favorite online store... I found the windsor chairs that I wanted.  And it happened to be in the same town I picked up my new couches too.  Serendipitous!


I found the cute placemats at Goodwill; all for $1.


While out searching for one of our chickens the other day I noticed some wild Barberry bushes in our woods - of course I wanted some... so I asked Sydney to go get them for me :o).  I did, really, but alas I felt terrible that she was getting torn up for MY want of a new table centerpiece so I joined in and got them myself.  They bucket is from a free garage sale in Texas.


Unfortunately, the bucket has holes in the bottom of it so I couldnt keep the leaves pretty.  However, in this eye of the beholder all of it together is farmhouse perfect.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your table, old bucket, and the barberry centerpiece!! You have worked a miracle in your new place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! More updates to share soon... stay tuned ;)

      Delete

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...