Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A Conversation From Across the House

Last night I pulled a pair of sheets out of the washing machine that did NOT smell good.  Daniel proclaimed "ewww... those have to either be run again or thrown away!", so into the laundry basket they went again.  This morning he smelled the same smell again, whilst laying in bed and kept pondering on what has changed - what is that smell.  When he got to work it hit him that since we have front loaders and no longer have a laundry ROOM, but only a laundry closet - we've had to leave the door to the washer closed all the time.  We love, love, love our front loaders, but one draw-back is the smell if you leave the door closed.  So, we've always just left it open to dry - problem solved.

Anyhow....

The solution to the current smell problem is to run a heavy cycle of bleach through the machine and leave it open to air dry.  So that's what I did first thing this morning.  I started the "sanitary cycle" on the machine with my enzyme detergent, oxy clean, bleach, and vinegar for the rinse cycle.  It runs for about and hour and forty-five minutes on this cycle.  About half-way through its cycle - Ali, who was looking for the iron, had this conversation with me - from across the house:

Ali: Um, mom....
Me: yes, Al...
Ali: You realize the washer is filled with bubbles????
Me: yes, Al...
Ali: And you realize there are bubbles coming out the TOP of the machine????
Me: WHAT???


Ali: Uh-huh.  There are bubbles coming out of the top of the machine.
Me: You're joking!?!?! (as I got up from my chair doing morning reading, to go see what she was talking about)


Ali: Nope!  They're coming right out the top of the machine...
Me:  (upon arrival to the machine) ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha..... I guess I put a little too many enzymes in the machine, considering I had no clothes in there.  Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....


Laughing at life, sometimes, is the only way to get you through.  LOL!  It did the job for me this morning....

A joyful heart is good medicine,  but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
Proverbs 17:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...