Monday, October 06, 2014

A Weekend Walk

Over the weekend Sydney, Daniel, and I went for a walk on our property.  We had a destination...


the "friendship tree".


On our way we had certain things that had to be followed like walking along these sticks so we didn't touch the hot lava.


And why did we head to the friendship tree?  Because the town of KidsBurrow (inspired by Adventures In Odyssey) is underway and she wanted to share it's progress with us.  First she showed us the town monument....


Our next stop was the town courthouse...


Quite elaborate with several little "rooms".


Here she leans upon the desk where all the planning happens.  They can lay their log books upon it and record the occurrences with...


berry paint.


Of course there's a cemetery.  The only two 'residents' are two chickens we've lost (minus one that has been dug up).  The thought is still there :o)


And of course, what would any town be without a story... from the ancient ancestors written in mysterious hieroglyphics (aka - a piece of wormy wood).


And why is this tree called the friendship tree?  Because it's the largest of its kind out there and every friend that goes to the tree gets their name or initials carved in it.


Along the walk, we did come across some signs that fall is definitely here...









 Sometimes I forget to stop and take in the small things.  If I hadn't gone on this walk... I would have missed this part of her childhood imagination.  I'm so glad she still pretends and uses her imagination rather than sitting in front of the TV or some other electronic device.  I think many children today are completely missing a very important, formative part of their life.

::

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
                                                                                                      Dr. Seuss

2 comments:

  1. If we get there next year Lord Willing I want to go on that walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! And I'm sure Syd and Ali would be happy to take your kiddos on the walk too... with a certain carving tool :o)

      Delete

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...