Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Special Surprise for 15 years...

15 years ago I married a man that I thought I was head-over-heals-in-love-with...  boy was I wrong!  After 15 years of marriage I have experienced something that I never thought I would... more love for him.  How is it possible that I love him more than I did that day over a decade ago?  
Love is strange that way...


He's older (we're both older), he's got silver hair starting now, more lines on his face, and less spring in his step from the day I married him, but he's even more handsome to me today and doesn't look a day older to me.  His silvering hair is distinguished and the lines are proof of the smiles we've had over the years.  I love him more today than I've ever loved him.

We had a nice anniversary.  We received a couple surprise gifts; one from each of our mothers so we had lunch and dinner out, together.  Our day was filled with conversation, smiles, hugs, and kisses.  Our girls surprised us and decorated the van before we left for our dinner date, with little notes all over the inside of the van.  "Our song" was qued on the cd player when we started the van.










Daniel had a special suprise for me before we left... he played and sang a song called God Gave Me You.  He has a fabulous voice and I still never tire of hearing him sing. 


It was a night confirming the love we share.


If you've never heard the song... you can listed via YouTube right here...




2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!! That's a WONDERFUL photo of the two of you! So glad that you had a fun and memorable day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deb! We did have a fabulously fun and memorable day. Thinking about posting a picture of this butterfly bush for your benefit very soon...

      Delete

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...