Thursday, August 28, 2014

Country Secretary

We needed an "office area" of some sort, but with how open the house is I didn't want to have some big 'ol desk right out in the open so I went to my trusty friend Craigslist to see what I could find.  It took some time, but I did find something that fit the space and the need - however - it will require some purging of office supplies, down to the bare minimum because of its size.


I just finished painting it with Miss Mustard Seed's milkpaint - color Ironstone.  I distressed it and have a couple coats of hemp oil on it right now.  I just love some its quaint features like bead board...


...chunky knobs


...turned legs (they remind me of architural salvaged finials)...


It will look perfect with the right accessories and a Simply White backdrop (in time).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...