Monday, June 30, 2014

Yellow Squash and Bell Pepper Bake

Syd and I had some friends come over for the afternoon - eating lunch together and kids sharing in refreshing, summertime water hose fun while the moms just talked.  Sometime that's just what the doctor ordered.


Our neighbors had shared some of their garden splendor in the form of zucchini and yellow neck squash a short while back.  I had five of the yellow left so I threw together something that my mom-friend told me I needed to share here on the blog - for another yellow-neck-squash idea.  So upon her suggestion, here's what I did:

5 yellow squash sliced into 'coins'
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1/2 cup diced orange bell pepper
1 Tbls finely diced red bell pepper
1 cup diced ham
1-2 cups grated cheese (I had mozzarella)
8-10 eggs (beat together)
fresh, sliced tomato and avacado
salt & pepper - to taste

Layer squash on the bottom of a 9x13 pan until covered (oil or non-stick spray is not needed).  Follow this layer with the green and yellow bell pepper, ham, cheese, and finally salt and pepper.  Repeat layers until all veggies and cheese are used. Pour eggs, evenly, over the entire contents of the pan and sprinkle the finely diced red pepper over the top. Cover pan and cook on 325 for about 45 minutes.  Remove cover and broil until top browns slightly (maybe 10 minutes).  Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.  Serve with fresh tomato and avocado on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...