Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Black Raspberries


I grew-up most summers at our family lake home in Minnesota.  Around there berries were plentiful, but so were bear.  According to those who had been around much longer than we had - picking berries meant a sure fire run-in with a bear, therefore berry picking didn't happen often.

The back of our property is lined with fresh black raspberry bushes in full bloom right now.  And they are scrumptious.  Tonight I picked just enough to be an after dinner treat, but picking does not happen without consequence.  Although we aren't sharing with any bear (that we know of), wild black raspberry bushes are plentiful in natural defenses; thorns.  The blackberries are next up for the pickins, but not quite ready yet.  God is truly the master gardener - it amazes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...