Saturday, June 21, 2014

A Garden Without A Garden

Because of the time of year we moved and because of the amount of renovation we wanted to do and because of our first home school graduation we didn't get a chance to put a garden in.  Something we wanted to do, but just not the right time.  Anyhow - considering that and the fact that we had friends giving us extra veggie plants and no 'actual' garden to put them and the finances don't allow for all the big beautiful hydrangea bushes that I want across the front of the house - I thought I would marry the two dilemmas and use every little space I have available for some fresh veggies.  The end of the clothesline and a metal grid for our cucumbers serve as a fine space for some yellow squash to vine.


Along the south side of the house I planted some much LOVED perennials that we will enjoy for years to come....  fresh sage.


Chives


garden mint (we've already made wonderful tea from this...


the south side of the front porch has tomatoes growing


across the front south of the stairs we have LOTS of different pepper plants


and to the north of the stairs we have brussel sprouts


We've had some friends give us beautiful bounty from their gardens to keep us in wonderful, garden-fresh produce; peas and lettuce, YUM!


Although... there's another important project in process right now.  It should be done by the end of the day tomorrow - weather permitting.  Can you guess what it might be?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...