Sunday, May 18, 2014

Proverbs 18:20-21

As I was doing my daily reading today, Proverbs 18:20-21 stood out to me more than usual.  I think it's because for the past week; packing, moving, cleaning, etc... my words have been less encouraging, less positive, less edifying than they should be.

A man's stomach shall be satisfied from the fruit of his mouth;
From the produce of his lips he shall be filled.
Death and life are in the power of the tongue,
and those who love it will eat its fruit.

It doesn't matter what circumstance we are enduring through life; good or bad, easy or hard - our words need to be edifying.  Hebrews says 'faith is by hearing and hearing by the word of God'.  True it's talking about the hearing of the word of God, itself, but this also means, in a general sense, what we're hearing is what we're taking in.  When speaking in negative way - that's rotten produce.  I've eaten bad strawberries before and I've become very ill.  That's what rotten produce will cause and it's the same thing with my words.   Except the sickness will be of the Spirit.  

Life has slowed down and I had to just pause and thank God that he never leaves me nor forsakes me (like I've been known to do with Him when my priorities become unbalanced). Have a wonderful day in our Lord Jesus Christ, today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...