Monday, May 12, 2014

A Little More Landscaping

Today Daniel had to get measurements for all the plumbing so I took full advantage of the time along with the fact that it didn't rain like it was suppose to.  I ran to the nearby garden center and bought a few little plantings.  It just felt good to actually complete something - DONE.  

Do you remember this picture of the north side of the house?  Pretty sad...


However, I got busy one day and cleaned it up a little to this point...


Well, today I bought these delicate little plantings and put them in the ground surrounded by some nice dark mulch (I love the contrast).  It just looked so nice that I got back in my van and returned to the garden center and bought the same thing for the other side of the hideous gas tank.


The whole area looks like this now...


We're not sure if the tank is going to stay there or not.  If we decide to leave it - I'll surround it with something that will disguise it, but I expect it will move and be replaced with a rose of sharon tree which is a type of hibiscus.  I recall the most beautiful one on the side of our neighbor's house many years ago and it just stuck with me :o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...