Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Little Bit About Flooring

I started the kitchen floor last night.  Thought [naively] that I'd dive in and have it done in a couple hours.  HA!  Little did I know what work was involved in putting down hardwood floors!  Not difficult, just tedious and pain-staking.  Last night I had worked on the floor for about 6 hours and this is as far as I had gotten.  If you notice we had to meet the existing floor which was tricky because there had been old,  brittle linoleum for the past seventeen years. So to accommodate this situation...


I had to cut off the tongue of each board so the new and existing would meet nicely.  Would have been nice to have a compound sliding miter saw, but alas - we don't so a circular saw had to suffice.  I used a speed square to use as a straight edge for the saw to ride against.


Termites eradicated and damage taken care of...


Those are guests that I'll never ask to come back!


However, in the end... it turned out pretty good [I think]. Especially for a complete novice!


Of course there were mistakes made and a whole lot learned along the way, but I'm here to tell ya - if I can do it - so can you!!!  It really wasn't hard, but my back and arms really are sore :o)  Thank goodness for a pneumatic gun that saved me a ton of hammering (and probably a lot of wasted wood).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...