Monday, April 07, 2014

Baked Brown Rice


Ever make brown rice and be sadly dismayed by the fact that it seems to be a glob of wallpaper paste?  Me too!  Until I came across this recipe on the food network... Oh. My. GOODNESS!  This is the only way I'll make brown rice now!  Just trust me and try it...

::

1 1/2 cups long grain brown rice
2 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper (opt)

Preheat oven to 375ºF.

Boil the water and add the butter and salt. Stir to dissolve salt and melt butter.

Place the rice in an 8" casserole dish. Pour the boiling water mixture over the rice and stir.

Cover with foil and bake on the middle rack for 1 hour.

Fluff with fork and serve.

This rice also refrigerates and reheats fairly well, but it's best freshly made.

2 comments:

  1. Emily's friends taught her how to make rice this way a few years ago and it is the best. This is the only way we make our rice now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way this is not Emily it is Susan

    ReplyDelete

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...