Monday, July 08, 2013

My Birthday

My husband surprised me on my birthday and took all of us toward the coast - VA Beach to be exact.  He had thought the experience through quite well and had a list on hand for me to choose from dependent on what mood I was in; nature, history, shopping....

We had a wonderful weekend.... 


We went to the Virginia Nature Museum that acquainted us to everything native to Virginia....






Having a little game of hide-and-seek long the way...


I was so excited to go through the Chesapeake Bay Tunnel

 

Because it actually goes under the Atlantic Ocean...



We went to the beach





And found treasures to make Pintrest inspired crafts


Ok.  Maybe not that with THAT treasure, honey.





This fish will keep me out of the ocean waters.  Not suppose to be here in the US, but brought over from another country and introduced to our shallow waters.  His barbs are deadly.



We stayed on the beach until the sun showed up its beautiful majesty



The next day we went to the Jamestown Settlement


Walked through all three ships: Susan Constant, Godspeed, and Discovery




Went shopping for some new clothes


...and the most amazing pancakes ever...
If you ever have the chance to go to the Astronomical Pancake House
GO!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...