Friday, May 31, 2013

Snippets From Syd; Her Identity Issues

We bought a couple cords of firewood recently....  The only problem with this said firewood was its location which was at the front of the house and it needed to be at the rear.  No big deal, right?  Well, the rear of the house is down quite an incline as our house is a full walk-out basement.  So, needless to say we all had to pitch in to help get the wood moved.  


The plan of attack was to fill the wheel-barrow with the wood and either Daniel or I would wheel it down the incline to the area we had decided to store it.  We all started filling the first load when we noticed Sydney picking each piece of wood up with two fingers.  That doesn't work, period.  Then out of the blue we heard a shriek come from her general direction and the conversation that took place after the shriek went something like this... 

Parents:  "What?  What's wrong?"  
Sydney: There was a bug on that one and I almost dropped the wood on my foot....
Parents:  I thought you wanted to be a farm girl Syd
Sydney:  I do, but I just did my nails....

Long, loud laughter followed!!!!  I love the fact that she can get down and dirty with the best of  'em and be a girly-girl through and through the rest of the time.  I wonder which identity will win in the end?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...