Monday, December 17, 2012

Birthday Party

We invited several families over to our house recently and threw a birthday party.  This resulted in about 40 people being here - all in sweet fellowship.  Ages spanned from 18 months to late forties.  Dinner, dessert, and delirious fun!  We played a charades kind of game that we learned long ago in another fellowship we shared with - and was just as fun with these folks!


I tried my first attempt at decorating a cake more than the candy letters you buy in the cellophane package.  And although it's nothing fancy - I think it turned out pretty cool.  I'm certain the guest of honor liked it! 


What a great time of year.  With the milestone birth of our Savior drawing near and so many opportunities to glorify His name; Jesus.  We have so much to be thankful for.  I become weepy thinking about the selfless cause He came to earth - fully man, fully God - just to Save me.  Who am I, but another sinner that isn't worthy for what He did; what He endured.

But I'm so thankful - that selfless cause made me Free! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...