Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Miracle Multiplication


The house is quiet.  Which, lately has been very rare, but I am relishing in the non-existance of noise.

It seems that we had just found our groove and our world was once again rocked.  This past Thursday we received a call asking for [another] placement in our home.  It was, at that point, I wanted to shut the doors and pretend the rest of the world didn't exist, but it does, and I didn't shut the door.  An eleven year old girl and a seven month old boy came to us, with much protest late Thursday evening.  We had just celebrated Justin turning three, everyone was outside with their "party favor" (punching balloons) and the doorbell rang.

Friday seemed like it would never end.  We had an entire house running on too little sleep and lots of adrenaline.  Add "boys" into that mixture and you have a potentially explosive combination.  At the end of Friday I was ready to call the agency and tell them we couldn't (I couldn't) do this and they had to find another place for the kiddos.  But the Lord calmed my heart and gave grace and peace like I've only felt a few times in my life.  Daniel, being the wonderful husband he is, admonished me for even attempting and wanting to help - and asked if we could give it the weekend - he would call on Monday if we thought it wasn't going to work.

Monday has come and gone.  And the kiddos are still with us.  Gabriela and Jesse are still here and life is back to "normal" (if I can call it that).

I've gone from three kids (really two since the oldest is married, out on her own) to six in about one month - our kiddos now range from nineteen all the way down to seven months.
Boy has the Lord changed my heart.  When?  I have no idea.  Suddenly, I went from wanting only one (maybe two) to wanting ten.  Maybe it had to do with some really great friends He placed in my life that had already given that area of control over to the Lord and were on their way to having their own baseball teams :o)  I saw the dynamic of a large family and my heart was forever changed.  I grew-up as an only lonely child which precipitated into me wanting more babies!!!!  But I thought we would have them the normal, conventional way - the fun way...

Nope, nothing "normal" comes from us - and conventional is far from our personality profile!  Don't believe me?  Ask anyone who knows us.

Adoption - this is the way the Lord will have us to do it right now - and it's interesting [to say the least].  Which, makes sense - He is the King of Adoption!

My once quiet, decorated, predictable home is no longer quiet.  Decorated?  The boys have only been here a month - I'll give it a little while longer; JC doesn't seem to have the ability to cohabitate with ANYTHING without breaking it, therefore I'm putting all the priceless momentos away and saving them for the next season, the one withOUT little boys jumping [aimlessly] through the house.  And predictable?  Bahaha ha ha ha ha ha!  No way!
The two new kiddos who are with us seem to be doing well.  Gabriela is eleven and quite compliant (right now).  She seems like she aims to please and wants to excel and do well in school - those are wonderful qualities.  Little Jesse is seven months and has been diagnosed as a Down's Syndrome baby.  He's a bit delayed, developmentally, but cute as ever!  I've been ever-so-gently trying to convince him that he needs a bit of a schedule, but he's been completely opposed.  Not sure what the schedule was at home, but he's doing well here.  His sister told us she's happy to be here because her little brother doesn't cry all the time.  That made me happy at the same time it broke my heart.

I'm doing great - as a momma of six (all of the sudden).  I know Gabriela and Jesse aren't permanent, but Daniel and I definitely would like to have this many of our own - or more.  We'll take it a step at a time, but for right now, I think we've given a new meaning to 'miracle multiplication' ;o)

A friend of mine used to joke with me about staying up late and sleeping in because our girls were so independent.  She used to tell me that more kiddos would rock my world...
Well, Susan, it definitely has and I love it.  And Ali says she knows exactly how Emily feels and she loves it.

However, I think we're at "capacity" - guess it's time to start looking for a bigger house and a twelve-fifteen passenger van

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...