Saturday, October 09, 2010

Life With Boys


Life is definitely different being a mom with boys in the mix.  Just a couple things to share for posterity sake...


JC (the 4 year old) is like a bowl in a china closet.  How a child can be so incredibly coordinated and yet so clumsy - is beyond my scope of understanding.  But this morning was a true JC moment (I'm finding he has LOTS of these moments).
He gets up VERY early in the morning because he's been trained to wake early enough to catch a bus that takes him to daycare.  He's no longer going to "school" so we're encouraging him to sleep in and to be quiet in the morning so little brother can sleep a bit longer.

This morning Daniel got up with him, hoping to keep him quiet so the rest of the house could sleep in.  So, they got up, got dressed and went outside to fix a bike.  All in one fail swoop (insert image of Hemy from Over the Hedge) JC hops up and in a flash ran in the house while saying "I gotta pee...".  Daniel tried to stop him to simply have him go outside, cause boys can do that :o), but says he was gone before he could even get one syllable across his lips.

From the inside, this is what I [abruptly] awoke to...
The back door slamming, little feet stomping through the house, the bathroom door slamming closed, the toilet lid being tossed up, and a little boy relieving himself of a full bladder, while all the while singing (in a very 'strong' voice) the first verse to the well-known children's bible song -

DEEP AND WIDE
DEEP AND WIDE
THERE'S A FOUNTAIN FLOWING
DEEP AND WIDE
(flush)

Evidently it only takes one verse for a little guy to empty a bladder.

~ and ~

The entire house was awake and started the day!

Later on in the afternoon - I watched this same little guy climb a tree while everything in me wanted to yell out the window"get down, you're going to get hurt...", I decided to just watch, quietly, from the kitchen window.  I figured if he climbed too high I would stop him, but he only went up so far and stopped.  However, holding on to (hugging) the trunk and sliding down wasn't such a good idea.  He came in crying because the inside of this arms, his belly, and one temple were all sorts of scratched up.  I felt helpless - I couldn't do anything to make those tiny, pin-like scratches stop burning like his crying was indicating.  Although, I really wanted to explain to him "this is exactly why you shouldn't be climbing trees" [but I didn't].  I soaked a washcloth with cold water and cooled the injuries.  The rest of the day he walked around holding his arms from his body in the same manner as Arnold Schwarzenegger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...