Thursday, July 01, 2010

Ali-ism; Regarding Parsley


At the table ~ for lunch, eating a hearty [but good for us] spring-mix-grilled-chicken-and-honey-mustard-salad.



Girls approach.....

PARSLEY.


Neither one likes it!  Faces all scrunched up, spitting things out of their mouths ~
And the simple conversation that occurred at that very moment:

Mom:  Parsley is an herb that has all sorts of good-for-you properties.
Ali:  uh-huh...
Mom:  Genesis 1:11 says 'Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth”; and it was so.'
Ali:  uh-huh....
Mom:  and the end of Genesis 1:12 says "...And God saw that it was good."
Syd:  I think it's worth noting here Mom, God SAW it was good, I don't think He actually TASTED it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...