Thursday, May 31, 2007

Butterflies



Even as I sit here, a midst all the hullabaloo, I am reminded of the verse in the Bible that tells us that no matter what the situation may be, keep always your eyes on the Lord. Are you wondering what all the hullabaloo is? We're moving. That says it all and then some, but I am at the stage where the truck is to be loaded tomorrow afternoon so as I'm sure you're aware (if you've ever moved) I'm using nice language by calling it what I am. Each and every room in our house, which is normally very organized, looks as if an F5 twister has just "reorganized". I can however look at all the boxes, gigantic orange trash bags, mud trampled through the house, dog hair GALORE, Styrofoam cups, plastic forks, peanut butter and jelly on the counter knowing that our God knows what is happening, what is going to happen, and what has already happened. He is the Author and Finisher of all that I am doing right at this very minute. That is SO comforting to me. BUT even more than that - I find Joy today in knowing that in less than twenty-four hours (and counting) my best friend, the love of my life, father of my children will be on his way here after nine LONG awaited weeks of being apart. And I find myself feeling totally FRAZZLED about what I am going to be wearing and how I'm going to greet him. Something like that of a teenager awaiting her date to the prom. How cool is that? After the better part of ten years and I'm still getting nervous butterflies!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...