Friday, April 13, 2007

Snippets From Syd; Tangles and Torments

Is there anyone out there who can give me a sure fire way of tangle-free hair? I know that I probably shouldn't be using this as a post to one that I find Joy in, but I can't just can't help it. Our youngest daughter has a lot of very fine, long hair. Every day we battle with the same thing - brushing her hair. Not that the act, in itself, is any big deal, but the tangles are terrible. Maybe it's not the tangles at all - maybe it's simply the tender head of this particular child.



I don't know.

I myself do not have issues with this therefore I cannot understand why, when we encounter a tangle of seemingly normal magnitude, she lets loose with a sound that is comparable to a female cat in the mating process. For those of you who have not had the utmost privilege of hearing this sound before - it is the most haneous sound that you can possibly hear in this natural world. I cannot think of a sound that I would rather NOT hear more than this particular one. I'm sorry if this is offensive, but I cannot think of another sound that is even in the running.

I admit when I brush through my hair or our oldest daughter brushes though her hair (both being longer in length) encountering tangles, it is not all cotton candy and lolly pops, but it's a simple OUCH! and that's about the extent of it.

I get worried toward bedtime.

This time of the day signifying the ritualistic brushing through of the trampoline jumping, wind blown, bike riding, wrestling with the dog, and somersault in the grass tangles. I sometimes worry about what the neighbors are thinking of us? As she screams like bloody murder ~ I try to comfort her using a voice that must be louder than hers (so she can hear me past the cat's shrill) with a still loving tone.

I can just imagine our neighbors setting their clocks to chime at 7:45pm as a reminder to turn up their televisions so they don't hear that "poor child whaling" as her mother torments her.

In any case, if any of you have advice on tangle free hair (that doesn't make hair look like you haven't washed in weeks), I would be most glad to hear from you. In the meantime, happy brushing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...