Sunday, April 08, 2007

Hamballs and Spinach

Like I said in my last post - I am really trying to take the good from each and every day to find Joy in. Today was a good day, and although nothing "spectacular" happened I must praise the Lord for EVEN the little things.

I have been blessed with children (and a husband) that will eat just about anything I put in front of them on the table. However, if they didn't they wouldn't eat since I stick to the 'ol "this is what dinner is tonight, if you don't like it, you'll be hungry" attitude. In any case, even my children are so good about trying new things and liking most of the foods they do try.
Today we had family in for our oldest daughter's birthday celebration and I fixed hamballs, potatoes, and fresh spinach salad. When my kids asked what we were having for lunch I told them what was on the menu for the day. In unison, they piped up with joyous expression and excitement, rubbing their tummies as they made the "MMMMMMM....." noise you hear when you mention ice cream to kids, thanking Jesus for hamballs and spinach.

How much better could it get? The word euphoric can be used to describe my immediate feelings on the matter!!! Hallelujah.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...