Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Garage Sale Gluttony

Today was the first of our 4 day "garage sale extravaganza". Every year we seem to gather, from all over the house, enough STUFF to fill another house. And yet our house is FAR from empty.

In any case, there is nothing more pleasing than having a garage sale that you don't have the all the necessaries for (tables, change, hangers...). And you schedule it to start at a certain time and people start arriving an hour and a half before that. Needless to say I was running around like a mad-woman trying to do this and that. And to top it all off my little darlings decided to have a Kool-Aid stand. Which I have to admire their gumption, but that, in and of itself, was quite......challenging.

As if all of this weren't enough, some friends brought over some of their things to get rid of and you would have thought that I had taken my children shopping or something. I heard, over and over and over, "mom look at this", "oh, mom isn't this cute", "mom, can I have this", "oh mom, this would be perfect for...". But the best, above all the rest of this "garage sale gluttony" was my oldest daughter coming to me with a dollar bill in hand asking to buy - Are you ready for this? - an item in the sale that was hers to begin with. Is that not just the end-all-be-all? You gotta love 'em. We'll have a good laugh at that one for some time to come. Love ya kiddo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...