Friday, February 05, 2010

Ali-ism; Comet Breath

A short story to tell - an Ali'ism, but first - a bit of a preface...

We've switched toothpaste. From Crest to Tom's, and from Tom's to a completely all natural herbal paste; one Ali hasn't liked, up to this point.

So Ali and I take a quick trip to the store the other day ~ by ourselves ~ to get ... something.

The next several lines encompass the short conversation that happened:

Me: Are you getting more accustomed to the new toothpaste?

Ali: Yeah, it's much better.

Me: I admit - it takes a bit to get used to, but once adjusted I really like it.

Ali: I agree - as a matter of fact I woke up this morning and noticed I didn't have "Comet breath".

Me: What? 

Ali: Uuuuhhh....

Me: What breath? Comet breath?

Ali: Uh, yeah...

Me: Do you mean moose breath?

Ali: Oh, yes - MOOSE BREATH.

Me: Where did Comet breath come from?

Ali: I was thinking about the reindeer, you know; COMET, and Cupid, and Donner...

Laughter filled the car ~ for the rest of the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...