Sunday, April 15, 2007

Snippets From Syd; Tender Toes and Tickles

I have to make this one as quick as I can since it is so late, but I wanted to post tonight.
Earlier this evening our 5 year old daughter petitioned for a manicure/pedicure. She had a new dress that she wanted to wear and her nails (fingers AND toes) had to match the new ensemble. I agreed and then looked at her nails. EVERY tip of EVERY phalange was no longer transparent. As a matter of fact, all twenty looked as if she had been digging a grave in a freshly watered garden. THEY WERE BLACK. I'm not just whistling dixie here, I mean to say, the sweet aroma of fresh compost could be smelled from all corners of the house.


Needless to say we had to excavate her nails. We dug and we dug until the dirt was out of her fingernails. With seemingly no trouble, she washed hands REALLY good, and painted with a very delicate color of purple that would match the dress. Then came the feet.
To preface just a tad - she took after her daddy and has VERY ticklish feet. Every time we wash her feet she goes into a frenzy. Now, cleaning the toenails have always been sort of an issue because every time you get the tool near her toes she starts having a jerking fit, screaming, and laughing. I'm not sure if it hurts her or if she is just so incredibly ticklish that she can't even stand the thought. Well, today was nearly the same with one exception - today as I started the excavation process on her toes she started PRAYING. "Oh, help me Lord...help me Lord...". The following was the short conversation we had.

Her:
Why? What are you laughing at mommy?

Me:
Just you sweet-pea.

Her:
What did I do?


Me:
Praying for God to help you. I just found your words funny.


Her:
What's so funny about it mommy? Didn't you say God would help us with anything?

Me:
Yes I did and obviously you have a better grasp on it that even I do. Good job!


Hey, at least she's listening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...