Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Snippets From Syd; Eggnog


I don't have a whole lot of time ~ duty calls, but I wanted to stop in and share an 'ism that our youngest had just the other day. 


We were all in the van on the way to church.  Sydney wanted to read a little from the bible out loud and of course that is welcomed [at any time].  So she was reading in Genesis about the land of Nod.  However, she had a slightly different rendition of it:


15 But the LORD said to him, "Not so; if anyone kills Cain, he will suffer vengeance seven times over." Then the LORD put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him. 16 So Cain went out from the LORD's presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden.
 17 Cain lay with his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Eggnog.


Eggnog?  What?


Well, the whole thing did happen around Christmas after all - and what better to have at that time of the year, but eggnog!  I'm so thankful for the gifts [like this one] I'm given each day.  I'll, someday, look back and cherish all of these little blurbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...