Thursday, March 27, 2008

Milestones

Our youngest hit another milestone last weekend. She learned to ride her bike without training wheels. This was quite an interesting day for dad as she is my 'perfectionist'. If she can't do something right the first time she does it, she feels that she cannot and will never be able to. We are so proud of her.



She did however take her first fall just yesterday. Our dog Sandy ran in front of her and stopped. Sydney ran right square into her and toppled down. It didn't phase the dog in the least. Sydney got right back on the bike, scraped up leg and all. Praise the Lord! My husband said there was something that happened that surprised him quite a bit. After she fell and had her melt-down, Daddy rendered some emotional aid as well as a hug. She then went over to our dog and said "Oh Sandy are you ok? I hope I didn't hurt you, I didn't meant to run into you like that, it was my fault, I shouldn't have been going so fast.". How cool is that? She's got one up on me!

I'll be the first to admit - if something happens to me, I look to get mad at someone ELSE right away. If I stub my toe in the night, on my way to the bathroom, sure enough, it's the cat's fault, even though she's outside under the trailer three spaces down. But what a lesson to learn, huh? It reminds me of the scripture that tells us to take interest in others interests over our own. As well, we are to think more highly of others than we do of ourselves. Boy what a hard concept to grasp, but all things are possible through Christ who strengthens us! Right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...