Friday, February 22, 2008

Snippets From Syd; Big Ears, Big Head

Tonight we ran out of propane and weren't able to get it filled right away, so we ended up going out to eat. We went to our NEW favorite little place here in town; Blake's. Boy is it good stuff!!!

Anyhow, Blake's has a big screen television and was broadcasting CNN as we were waiting for our order. One of the reporters came on and our oldest said to my husband "My gosh, that man has really big ears. His ears are even BIGGER than YOURS dad!" The way it came out did not depict what she wanted to say, but rather gave us all a really good chuckle. I guess it really matters where, in fact, you put your emphasis.

After dinner, we went home and had a little bit of simple family time. Daddy bought them a pretty balloon for Valentines Day. You know, the heart-shaped, mylar jobbies filled with helium? Yeah, those. Well, the kids wanted to suck the helium from them, and with the limited amount of space and two large hearts floating around the 'house', you can imagine, I was ready for this! We all had fun, the oldest first and then the youngest. After all the fun, dad decided to tell the girls how the helium works to make your voice the way it does. Explanation over with - and our youngest piped up and this is the conversation that followed:

Youngest: Wow dad, how do you know all that?

Dad: Well, when I was younger I used to eat a CD (sound effect-crunch, crunch, crunch) you the ones with all the information on them, with my cereal every morning, instead of toast, and the information just transferred to my brain, I guess.

Youngest: (with sincerity and totally aghast) Well, no wonder your head is so big dad!

Out of the mouth of babes, you gotta love 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...