Thursday, December 27, 2007

Snippets From Syd; Spitting Condition

Our youngest daughter has a condition that I'm not sure if I should be concerned about or not. I mean, it doesn't currently effect us (really), but I'm thinking it might effect the relationship with, say, her future husband. She has a spitting condition. Yes, you read right, a spitting condition. Not a dirty habit, spitting condition, like you hear from the most vulgar commercial you can imagine (you know the one, I need not expound here), but one never-the-less that is, well, very unique to the little lady to which it belongs. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to explain this because you almost need to hear this to "appreciate" it. Allow me to elaborate...

First of all, when I brush my teeth, I brush, brush, brush, and SPIT. Brush, brush, brush, and SPIT. Rinse, swish, swish, swish, and SPIT. You get the idea, right? I think MOST people brush their teeth like this. I think it's the more common than not this-is-the-way-we-brush-our-teeth societal norm. Well, that's not exactly the norm our six year old adheres to.
When she brushes her teeth it goes something more like THIS. Brush, brush, brush, SPIT, SPIT, SPIT, SPIT, SPIT, SPIT,SPIT,SPIT,SPIT. Brush, brush, SPIT, SPIT, SPIT, SPIT, SPIT, SPIT,SPIT,SPIT,SPIT,SPIT. Rinse, swish, swish, swish, SPIT, SPIT, SPIT, SPIT, SPIT, SPIT, SPIT, and SPIT. And these musical "spits" that she so delicately performs has a unique sound. A sound like the machine you hear at the batting cage that whirls a baseball at your bat (if you're positioned right) at amazingly high speeds..."pe-tuey". And SOMETIMES, depending on what our day encompassed, we might hear a musical melody out of the ensemble. For instance, if we had watched Annie that day her spits might match the tune you so fragrantly remember to be "Tomorrow". (S-P-I-T...SPIT,SPIT,SPIT,SP-IT...spitspitspit...) I'm NOT kidding. She even looses teeth in this process. She's lost two so far, and thus, the way BOTH of them have left her body.
And the worst part about it (if it's possible), because of how science works, the less 'stuff' she has to spit, the farther it travels. The first spit is assured it's rightful place, appropriately landing in the sink, but the 1124 remaining spits, as the resources are depleted, travel through the air behaving like a sneeze landing everywhere EXCEPT the sink (aka - mirror, faucet, wall, toilet, big sister standing next to her brushing HER teeth [the repercussions of this last destination is a post in and of itself]...).

The Bible tells me not to worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow can take care of itself, but I don't think God thought through the lasting effects this one could have on our little ones future - I think I should be worried! What do think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...