Sunday, October 14, 2007

Snippets From Syd; Pulling My Hair Out

We were on our way to church this morning, running miserably behind schedule so I was "primping" in the car. Brushing my hair, which automatically calls for me to gather all the loose hair that is dangling from the bottom edge (you know what I'm saying ladies). Our six year old, very innocently, engages in conversation with me (with an interjection from daddy)...

Child: "Mommy, why do you always pull hair out of your head?"

Mom: "Just the loose hairs, so they don't get on or go down my shirt and tickle my back."

Dad: "I told mom she should just shave her head, BALD and wear a hat."

Mom: "No, Sydney knows I can't do that. Why not Sydney?"

Child: (long pause with sincere thought)"..........................UM, because you don't have a hat?"

Mom: "No Syd, I mean, what does the Bible say a woman's hair is for?"

Child: "Oh, yeah, her covering."

At this point the entire car was filled with laughter and suggestions for this conversation to be my next blog entry. So, wha-lah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...