Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Ali-ism; Word PROBLEMS

Today was just like any other day. We get up and have breakfast, do dishes, chores, and schoolwork. I love the job God has given me. I couldn't imagine doing anything else. I LOVE schooling my girls here at home (and at the grocery store). As I was in the produce department today I had to give our oldest word problems (aaaahhhhhh!!!) about the produce we were purchasing. The horrifying look that comes over her face is priceless when I ask her...

" OK, how much will it cost us to buy these strawberries at the incredible price of $.99/lb when the scale says we have 2.25 pounds of them?" 

Just to let you know, she was able to tell me, with minimal coaxing...

"ALMOST $2.25 mom..."

Then the next thing that proceeded out of her mouth makes me even more proud of her...

"it would be even more better if they were $.99/2 pounds mom."

I had to agree - regardless of her grammatical tactic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...