Saturday, April 28, 2007

Ali-ism; The Combo

The other day our oldest daughter and I were having a conversation. Did I mention it was a TYPICAL kind of twelve-year-old conversation? You know the kind...nodding your head as much as possible to convey that you are still coherent and paying attention to all of the meaningful tidbits. Trying, as hard as you can, to keep a sweet smile on your face so it's understood you 'want' to be having this conversation because you have nothing better to be doing with your time - while, in your mind, you are yelling at the top of your lungs, petitioning for her to GET TO THE POINT, I'm going to the bathroom. I know you can relate! Now, mind you, this is the child that can remember ANYTHING, from ANY given point of her life (birth canal to present), but cannot seem to remember the rightful names of common things (hamburger, aka "happyburger" - barbecue sauce, aka "chicken dial" - garlic bread, aka "greasy bread" - turkey roast, aka "squishy meat" - salisbury steak, aka "raspberry steak") you get the idea, right?

So, during this conversation, talking about one specific event from our recent trip, she was trying to start with where this event was taking place. In doing so she COULD NOT, for the life of her, remember what the very large building, with bedrooms, we stayed in, while away from home on a vacation was called, so she started down the list: hotel, motel, townhouse, apartment, I mean.....you know mom.....the "combo" we were staying in (OK folks, we stayed in a coNDo). I know, you probably had to be there, but to me that is just another one to add to the list.

The COMBO?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking at blogs, for me, is like driving down the street at night and happening by a house that has all its curtains wide open with the lights on... you get a quick glance into someone else's life.

So, friend, please leave a message... I'm leaving the curtains wide open and all the lights are on. I'd love to chat with ya! (and I try to respond to all my comments)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...